Have You Winterized Your North Georgia Inground Swimming Pool Yet?
North Georgia weather is forecast to be wet and chilly this 2015-2016 winter season according to the Farmer’s Almanac. If you have not made preparations to close your pool for the winter, then now is a great time to do it before the first official Fall Frost on November 15th, 2015 as predicted by The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
If you’d like to learn more about the actual process of Winterizing your inground swimming pool then check out our past article called Winterizing. A brief synopsis of what it means to Winterize your inground pool is to treat and clean it really well, lower the water level a little bit, get water out of the drains and pipes so it does not freeze or crack, then cover the pool.
You can choose between a mesh cover or solid cover, our past article goes more into depth on solid or mesh safety winter covers. There are pro’s and con’s to both. If you decide to go with a solid cover then you’ll need a submersible pump to get excess water that accumulates. A mesh cover is nice because the water passes through. A mesh cover is also lower maintenance during the off-season for this reason.
If all this is to daunting for your busy schedule, please call us to schedule your pool closing this Winter.
Bonus Tip to Winterizing your North Georgia Inground Swimming Pool: Check the tree’s around your home and pool, with the extra rainy season coming our way this year, the ground will be wetter, softer and dead and/or weak tree’s will come down. Make sure any overhanging branches are trimmed back and not susceptible to falling onto your swimming pool safety cover or roof. It can do major damage!
Winterize Your North Georgia Inground Swimming Pool – Call Today! (770) 419-7119.
Rachel & Andy Cook
Owners & Operators of Aqua Fun Pools in Canton.
Mark Your Calendar! August is the best time of the year to work on Inground Pool Landscaping
Whether you already have an inground pool and are looking to enhance your backyard space or you are planning to have an inground swimming pool installed, planning the landscape around your pool design will pay off big time. There is nothing better than feeling like you are on vacation every time you swim in your own backyard swimming pool. Think of your swimming pool as the focal point and build out from there. You have so many choices to enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your backyard oasis.
Our team at Aqua Fun can help you decide what type of landscaping would best suit your backyard needs. The design includes hardscape concrete border, decking, patio, recreational add-on’s, tree’s, shrubs and flowering plants. Be sure to check out our Pool Gallery to see examples.
August is a good time to work on your inground pool landscaping. It’s a great month to prepare the soil for adding fall plants. It’s important to clean up all debris and mix in fertilizer or compost before you start preparing your perennial flower beds, it’s not too late to prepare the flowers for next spring. August is also the time to plant bulbs for a large array of beautiful lilies.
Things to consider when designing your swimming pool and backyard pool landscaping are what kind of lounge chairs and umbrella tables will you add to the mix? There is so much to consider and it may get overwhelming trying to figure it all out. If this is you then have no fear, the design team at Aqua Fun Inc. will be able to take care of this for you.
Did you get a chance to check out our End Of Summer Pool Party Blog? We think you’ll have a lot of fun with it.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about planning your backyard swimming pool landscape, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Give the Best Father’s Day Present – Aqua Fun Pool Gift Certificate
Imagine showing the father in your life a voucher with a picture of their new Swimming Pool & Spa -or- New Vinyl Liner Replacement –or- Swimming Pool face lift upgrade.
It’s hard to believe Father’s Day is right around the corner. Have you been looking for that special gift that will make dad say “WOW”? Stop searching, this is it. You know how many times you’ve talked about getting that dream pool and how many times you’ve said your existing pool needs a face lift. Let’s make it happen.
- Step One: Get pre-approved so we can design your dream pool that fits your budget. Need help financing? We have awesome partners if you need to finance your swimming pool and spa.
- Step Two: Contact our professional pool design and construction specialist for your complementary consultation to determine the best pool design for your backyard – (770) 419-7119.
- Step Three: Look through our Pinterest Boards for inspiration. Design your own Dream Pool Pin board and share it with us.
- Step Four: Start planning your Pool Party!
Follow Our fun Father’s Day Pinterest Board
Get your Aqua Fun Swimming Pool Gift Certificate by Father’s Day, June 21st, 2015. If you need more time, we’ll extend this offer through the entire month of June.
Create fun memories with your family and friend, call today to schedule your no obligation consultation (770) 419-7119 or schedule here.
Best Father’s Day Present – Swimming Pool and Spa – New Liner Replacement – Pool Party Ideas
Andy & Rachel Cook
Why Choose Aqua Fun For New Pool & Spa Construction, Pool Maintenance, Redesign and Pool Liner Replacement?
Here Are Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun in Canton, GA. Should Be Your Inground Pool & Spa Builder and Designer
So, you are thinking about your backyard swimming pool and spa. Do you want to build your dream pool, have it upgraded or need some repair? There are quite a few choices out there, but Aqua Fun Inc. in Canton, GA. wants to stand out from it’s competitors and here is how they do it:
- Family Owned – Family Owned Businesses are the backbone of our country. Aqua Fun Inc. is a “family owned” premier pool design, construction and service company owned and operated by husband and wife team, Andrew and Rachel Cook. Andrew has the pool construction background and Rachel brings her knowledge and experience from corporate America. The combination of their experience means that you will get the best of both worlds. Family owned means their reputation is on the line and Aqua Fun prides themselves on being part of the local community.
- Over 28 Years Experience – Andrew Cook has 28+ years experience in the pool construction and design industry. Andrew started out in the pool industry in 1987 as a Regional Sales Representative for Kafko. Check out Kafko’s Recommendation for Andy Cook.
- Quality Construction – Aqua Fun is a family owned, award winning pool & spa construction company with over 28 years experience. See the kind of work Aqua Fun produces and read reviews from their happy customers. Aqua Fun only uses the highest quality materials and up-to-date technology to build the best possible backyard oasis for your family.
- Affordable – Quality does not always equal more expensive. Aqua Fun prides themselves on quality construction & service at a competitive price. Aqua Fun has partnerships with these Pool Financing sources and encourages you to get pre-qualified.
- Choices – Aqua Fun offers choices in swimming pool finishes – Vinyl, Gunite and Fiberglass – as well as different shapes to fit your lifestyle and yard size. Looking for a natural looking and performing swimming pool? Aqua Fun loves Salt Water Pools and natural looking recreational add-on’s, decorative vinyl liners and landscaping ideas. Want a luxurious look? Underwater Illumination can make all the difference.
The team at Aqua Fun wants to encourage local Metro Atlanta consumers who are ready to take the plunge to consider them as their #1 Swimming Pool and Spa choice. Did you read 7 Ways To Prepare Your New Pool Construction article? It’s a good checklist. Aqua Fun goes above and beyond to get your business and keep it!
Aqua Fun offers Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun Should Be Your Choice For New Pool Construction & Redesign, Pool Maintenance and Pool Liner Replacement. For your complimentary consultation please contact Aqua Fun at (770) 419-7119.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Prepare For Your New Pool and Swim By Summer
1. Build Your “Dream Pool” Pin Board.
Help us know what you’re looking for, start a “Dream Pool” board on Pinterest. Invite us to your Pinterest board using our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Decide between a Gunite, Fiberglass or Vinyl Inground Pool.
- Vinyl Pools have a cost advantage.
- Fiberglass Pools are known for low maintenance
- Gunite Pool is the strongest of the three choices, and also the longest lasting.
3. Have a clear sense of purpose.
Ask yourself why you’re installing a swimming pool. Do you want to exercise more? Are there small children in your family who love to swim and you want to create more family time? Want to increase the value of your home? Are you a naturalist and want a Salt Water Pool instead of a chlorinated pool? Whatever the reason, knowing your purpose will help us make it the dream pool you have been wanting.
4. Decide what kind of pool shape you want.
Once you have established how you will be using your swimming pool, it will be easier to decide the shape. Rectangular designs provide a timeless, classic look and are great for swimming laps and playing pool games. If you prefer a natural looking pool, then a kidney or free-form shaped inground pool can blend with the landscaping and be a great choice for you.
5. Focus on the details.
Pick Recreational Add-On(s), Water Features and Underwater Illumination to complete your dream swimming pool design. 2015 Swimming Pool Trends include but are not limited to Custom Entry’s, In-Water Benches and Table, Tanning Ledge, Grotto and Swim Up Bar, Diving Board, Water Slide, Splash Pad, Exquisite Waterfalls, Bubbling Fountains and massaging jets.
Do you want to add a spa to the pool design? Not sure if it is in your budget? Be sure to ask the professionals at Aqua Fun, our team of experienced designers can help you come up with the best plan for your dream pool!
6. Keep safety in mind.
Do you want a pool alarm? If you have small children around you may want to consider it. Child-proof locks on gates, and security alarms on windows to the backyard are also considerations. Safety Covers will add that extra barrier of protection you may want. Aqua Fun is all about safety first and with that added security you can have peace of mind knowing your family is safe around the pool.
7. Plan your pool party!
Be sure to check out our Poolside Treats board on Pinterest for an awesome menu to celebrate your new pool.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about your new pool construction, then be sure to share this article. Get a jump on financing your dream pool here.
Aqua Fun Inc. offers 7 Ways To Prepare For Your New Pool Construction So You Can Swim By Summer, call (770) 419-7119.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc
Be a Hero with an Inground Swimming Pool Gift this Valentine’s Day.
Surprise your honey with a beautiful inground pool and spa this Valentine’s Day. Call us anytime during the month of February 2015 to schedule your new inground swimming pool’s new construction. We will email you an attractive personalized Gift Voucher like the one below. You can print it out and present it to your loved one. Be sure to call us today and you could get your voucher by tomorrow – (770) 419-7119.
The voucher above is merely an example. We will customize your voucher to your particular circumstances and include your personalized message.
Here are 5 profound reasons to hire us to design your new inground swimming pool:
- Healthy Living – swim and stay fit
- Relax your body, mind and spirit – water is soothing
- Enjoy Family time – have fun and stay healthy
- Hire Experience – over 30 years in the swimming pool and spa industry
- Professional service – hire the best pool builder and designer in Georgia!
Already have a swimming pool?
We have a few fun ideas you can do to make your pool or spa ‘Valentine’ ready. Check out our Valentine’s Day Pool Pinterest board for visual inspiration.
Make your existing Inground Swimming Pool ready for Valentine’s Day!
- Lighting – try pausing your underwater lighting to red or pink.
- Accessorize – throw some red, white or pink beach balls in the pool.
- Soft Glow – add luminaries or candles around the pool decking.
- Backyard Lounging – buy outdoor furniture made for love.
Need financing? We’ve got you covered. Check out our preferred vendors and start building your new inground swimming pool and spa. We hope you pick Aqua Fun as your pool design specialist with a splash this Valentine’s Day. Give us a call and schedule a free consultation – (770) 419-7119.
Rachel & Andrew Cook
Aqua Fun is always staying up on the popular swimming pool design trends and 2015 is looking better than ever!
There is an upswing in new pool construction and contemporary pool design & remodel. With that comes beautiful, functional new ideas to share. Many of the same designs that were hot in 2014 are also going to be hot in 2015. There are a couple of newer trends making their march to greatness and possibly into your new inground swimming pool design we will share as well. It’s all about personal style and more choices when making the plans to turn your own backyard into an island oasis. Our team of professionals can help you do it all.
2015 Swimming Pool Design Trends
Exercise Pools and Hot Spa’s
Take care of those muscles in a smaller pool design with a built-in spa. Also called lap pools, strengthen your body with a new inground swimming pool made for exercising, then relax your muscles and mind in your built-in spa. There are different types of exercise pools. A true exercise pool has a resistance jet at one end of the pool that generates a current much like a small wave. The resistance jet allows you to swim in place without actually going from end to end of the pool. Then there is a lap pool with a long and narrow design. An exercise pool or lap pool has become more popular in recent years and the outlook keeps exercise pools trending as a top contender. Certainly as more and more homeowners find themselves in a home without extra room in their backyard space or pocket-book, small exercise pools are perfect for these kinds of challenges.
Natural pools and Salt Water Pools
We wrote a blog about Salt Water pools and suggest reading that for more in-depth discussion on what we think about Salt Water pools. We’ll be writing more about Natural pools in future blog posts however the best way to describe a Natural Inground Swimming Pool is to take a more natural focus when designing the look and feel of the pool. We join the pool design into the natural terrain of the landscape. Sure we can take the Natural Pool to whole new level beyond what we have described here, however, for clarity, we prefer designing the pool in a natural looking state with Salt Water.
Geometric Shapes and Water Features Overflow
Geometric pools are making a come back and that is partly because of the new features a builder can add. Things like incorporating the lighting with water and using the extra space for custom pool built-ins like sloping entries, seating, waterfalls, swim-up bars and sun-tanning ledges. The elegant visual display of overflow water cascading over the ledges, waterfalls, or water fountains and underwater illumination can bring your backyard retreat to a whole new magical realm. Rectangular, square, round, oval, octagonal and L-shaped pools were in great demand in 2014. The geometric inground pool shape generally fits traditional backyard spaces better than many of the more complicated designs and continues to be a popular trend in 2015.
Beauty and durability are the strong points of this popular trend. Whether you are building a new inground swimming pool or are looking to re-model your current inground pool, alternative finishes are great choices to modernize and glamorize your pool! Aggregate Finishes with Pebble Tec and Pebble Sheen have been steadily moving up in popularity and are a big part of Aqua Fun’s pool designs. Glass tiles are becoming more desirable than ceramic and porcelain tiles, partially because they are durable and are resistant to powerful chemicals used to keep the pool clean and maintained. Glass tiles come in various sizes, shapes and colors, used inside or around the pool / spa leaving a shimmer glow reflecting the water in the pool or on edges.
We will be writing an entire blogpost about digitizing your inground swimming pool. These days you can command your outdoor environment with your iPhone or Smartphone. Use your phone to control lights, pool & spa temperature, pumps, water features, pool cleaners including security cameras and landscape irrigation.
Stay tuned for articles about these latest trends. Let Aqua Fun Inc. be your pool design specialist with Popular Swimming Pool Design Trends in 2015. Give us a call and schedule a free consultation – (770) 419-7119.
Rachel & Andrew Cook
Gorgeous view from this new spa we built and designed, still under construction.
Would you like to have a spa like this in your backyard oasis? Schedule your free consultation today!
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Add a spa to your inground pool design
Are you already an inground swimming pool owner? Still looking for that perfect Valentine’s Day gift?
- Increase the value of your home
- Increase your health
- Increase the fun in your life
Mark Twain said this after visiting a hot tub in Baden-Baden, Germany:
“After 10 minutes you forget the time. After 20 minutes you forget the world.“
Physical and Emotional Benefits of built-in hot Spa
- stress relief
- better sleep
- joint pain
- blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- chronic pain
- back pain
- cardiovascular improvements – Soaking in a spa simulates exercise. It increases the heart rate, yet it doesn’t increase blood pressure. In fact, study participants who relaxed in spas had a decrease in blood pressure, while participants who exercised on bicycles experienced in increase in blood pressure. The regular use of spas and hot tubs gives you some of the same health benefits of exercise but with less heart stress – * Mayo Clinic: Mayo Clinic Ok’s Spas for Heart Patients
Not a fad!
According to wikipedia*, the healing benefits of hydrotherapy have been known to many of the world’s great cultures, with a history that dates back thousands of years. Egyptians bathed in heated waters treated with flowers and herbs, while the Greeks believed that water therapy was essential to optimal health. In India, hydrotherapy was essential to well-being, with treatments that included inhaling steam to optimize the respiratory system.
Photo Courtesy of Hornung, on Flickr
Hopefully we proved why you ought to have an inground swimming pool with a built-in spa. Our last blog post about 6 more weeks of winter explains more about why NOW is a perfect time to schedule your free consultation- check it out here. You can build a brand new pool and spa or simply reconstruct your current design to add a spa. We are your
Either way Aqua Fun Inc.’s professional team of experienced, licensed & insured pool builders and designers will be happy to meet with you to discuss your inground spa options. Give us a call! (770) 419-7119
Andrew and Rachel Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
* http://www.prlog.org/10311491-the-surprising-health-benefits-of-hot-tubs.html * Cardiovascular responses to immersion in a hot tub in comparison with exercise in male subjects with coronary artery disease. Allison TG, Miller TD, Squires RW, Gau GT. Mayo Clin Proc. 1993 Jan;68(1):19-25. PMID: 8417250 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrotherapy