Rare Moment In Time – Leap Year
Leap into Spring with a New Inground Swimming Pool
Are you enjoying the great weather here in Metro Atlanta – North Atlanta? It’s feeling like swimming pool weather to us. Don’t waste anymore time thinking about your dream pool, go ahead and schedule your free estimate and swim by the end of Spring. Take a look at some photos of our latest new inground swimming pool installations and designs .
Do you know what type of swimming pool you’re looking for? Do you want vinyl, fiberglass or gunite? Not sure what the differences are? Check out our pool comparison webpage if you want to learn more. Do you have a small yard? We can design a pool that works for your backyard space.
Did you get a chance to check out our latest blogpost? All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to build their dream backyard swimming pool design, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Have questions or comments? Fill out our quick form:[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Can you help me get an Aqua Fun Swimming Pool?’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Inground Pool Design & Installation
You’ve thought about it enough, now it’s time to schedule a consultation for your dream pool and spa. You can’t go wrong with Aqua Fun Inc. if price, beauty, quality and professionalism are important to you.These guys are the North Georgia swimming pool experts!
The Aqua Fun Team
Aqua Fun’s owner is the lead builder & designer with decades of direct experience in the swimming pool industry and has been building / designing swimming pools in North Georgia for 20+ years. Andy and Rachel Cook are the owners and operators; a husband and wife team who take pride in the work Aqua Fun offers it’s customers. You know you are getting top notch, quality service when you hire Aqua Fun to build your in-ground swimming pool and spa.
Price of your inground pool and spa
You won’t find a pool builder out there who will offer you the quality work Aqua Fun provides for the price. We can’t give you a number off the cuff because each pool is unique to the home and is determined after an initial consultation with the wants and needs of the homeowner in mind. Things that can determine price is the size, shape, style (gunite, vinyl, fiberglass), add-on‘s such as lighting, waterfalls, slides or spa. Aqua Fun also provides decking options to consider. If you need financing, Aqua Fun has partnered with the best pool, check it out.
A few more things that will consider the cost of a new inground pool and/or spa is whether you want to consider a Salt Water pool. Aqua Fun is Salt Water pool specialists and can counsel you on the pro’s and con’s of operating a Salt Water Pool. Also, take a quick look at 2015 Pool Trends for ideas and inspiration.
Beautiful Backyard Pool
Making your home an enjoyable place for family and friends is what it’s all about for so many people. Adding a swimming pool and/or spa can add tremendous beauty to a backyard. Being able to sit on a lounge chair by the crystal clear water while hearing the sound of a waterfall or spa bubbling is magic! Imagine having the beauty of a new pool with enhancing landscape work, outdoor furniture and the sound of laughter…your backyard has just become that outdoor oasis you’ve always wanted.
So stop dreaming, make it happen! Call 770-419-7119 or schedule your consultation today so you can tell your family what they are getting for Christmas. Most people may not think Winter is a good time to schedule a new inground pool install, but we think it’s the best time! Don’t miss last month’s blogpost about Swimming Pools and Real Estate.
Be sure to follow us on social media for more tips, specials and inspiration!
Andy & Rachel Cook
Owners & Innovators of Aqua Fun Inc.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below:
Mark Your Calendar! August is the best time of the year to work on Inground Pool Landscaping
Whether you already have an inground pool and are looking to enhance your backyard space or you are planning to have an inground swimming pool installed, planning the landscape around your pool design will pay off big time. There is nothing better than feeling like you are on vacation every time you swim in your own backyard swimming pool. Think of your swimming pool as the focal point and build out from there. You have so many choices to enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your backyard oasis.
Our team at Aqua Fun can help you decide what type of landscaping would best suit your backyard needs. The design includes hardscape concrete border, decking, patio, recreational add-on’s, tree’s, shrubs and flowering plants. Be sure to check out our Pool Gallery to see examples.
August is a good time to work on your inground pool landscaping. It’s a great month to prepare the soil for adding fall plants. It’s important to clean up all debris and mix in fertilizer or compost before you start preparing your perennial flower beds, it’s not too late to prepare the flowers for next spring. August is also the time to plant bulbs for a large array of beautiful lilies.
Things to consider when designing your swimming pool and backyard pool landscaping are what kind of lounge chairs and umbrella tables will you add to the mix? There is so much to consider and it may get overwhelming trying to figure it all out. If this is you then have no fear, the design team at Aqua Fun Inc. will be able to take care of this for you.
Did you get a chance to check out our End Of Summer Pool Party Blog? We think you’ll have a lot of fun with it.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about planning your backyard swimming pool landscape, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Give the Best Father’s Day Present – Aqua Fun Pool Gift Certificate
Imagine showing the father in your life a voucher with a picture of their new Swimming Pool & Spa -or- New Vinyl Liner Replacement –or- Swimming Pool face lift upgrade.
It’s hard to believe Father’s Day is right around the corner. Have you been looking for that special gift that will make dad say “WOW”? Stop searching, this is it. You know how many times you’ve talked about getting that dream pool and how many times you’ve said your existing pool needs a face lift. Let’s make it happen.
- Step One: Get pre-approved so we can design your dream pool that fits your budget. Need help financing? We have awesome partners if you need to finance your swimming pool and spa.
- Step Two: Contact our professional pool design and construction specialist for your complementary consultation to determine the best pool design for your backyard – (770) 419-7119.
- Step Three: Look through our Pinterest Boards for inspiration. Design your own Dream Pool Pin board and share it with us.
- Step Four: Start planning your Pool Party!
Follow Our fun Father’s Day Pinterest Board
Get your Aqua Fun Swimming Pool Gift Certificate by Father’s Day, June 21st, 2015. If you need more time, we’ll extend this offer through the entire month of June.
Create fun memories with your family and friend, call today to schedule your no obligation consultation (770) 419-7119 or schedule here.
Best Father’s Day Present – Swimming Pool and Spa – New Liner Replacement – Pool Party Ideas
Andy & Rachel Cook
Why Choose Aqua Fun For New Pool & Spa Construction, Pool Maintenance, Redesign and Pool Liner Replacement?
Here Are Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun in Canton, GA. Should Be Your Inground Pool & Spa Builder and Designer
So, you are thinking about your backyard swimming pool and spa. Do you want to build your dream pool, have it upgraded or need some repair? There are quite a few choices out there, but Aqua Fun Inc. in Canton, GA. wants to stand out from it’s competitors and here is how they do it:
- Family Owned – Family Owned Businesses are the backbone of our country. Aqua Fun Inc. is a “family owned” premier pool design, construction and service company owned and operated by husband and wife team, Andrew and Rachel Cook. Andrew has the pool construction background and Rachel brings her knowledge and experience from corporate America. The combination of their experience means that you will get the best of both worlds. Family owned means their reputation is on the line and Aqua Fun prides themselves on being part of the local community.
- Over 28 Years Experience – Andrew Cook has 28+ years experience in the pool construction and design industry. Andrew started out in the pool industry in 1987 as a Regional Sales Representative for Kafko. Check out Kafko’s Recommendation for Andy Cook.
- Quality Construction – Aqua Fun is a family owned, award winning pool & spa construction company with over 28 years experience. See the kind of work Aqua Fun produces and read reviews from their happy customers. Aqua Fun only uses the highest quality materials and up-to-date technology to build the best possible backyard oasis for your family.
- Affordable – Quality does not always equal more expensive. Aqua Fun prides themselves on quality construction & service at a competitive price. Aqua Fun has partnerships with these Pool Financing sources and encourages you to get pre-qualified.
- Choices – Aqua Fun offers choices in swimming pool finishes – Vinyl, Gunite and Fiberglass – as well as different shapes to fit your lifestyle and yard size. Looking for a natural looking and performing swimming pool? Aqua Fun loves Salt Water Pools and natural looking recreational add-on’s, decorative vinyl liners and landscaping ideas. Want a luxurious look? Underwater Illumination can make all the difference.
The team at Aqua Fun wants to encourage local Metro Atlanta consumers who are ready to take the plunge to consider them as their #1 Swimming Pool and Spa choice. Did you read 7 Ways To Prepare Your New Pool Construction article? It’s a good checklist. Aqua Fun goes above and beyond to get your business and keep it!
Aqua Fun offers Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun Should Be Your Choice For New Pool Construction & Redesign, Pool Maintenance and Pool Liner Replacement. For your complimentary consultation please contact Aqua Fun at (770) 419-7119.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Prepare For Your New Pool and Swim By Summer
1. Build Your “Dream Pool” Pin Board.
Help us know what you’re looking for, start a “Dream Pool” board on Pinterest. Invite us to your Pinterest board using our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Decide between a Gunite, Fiberglass or Vinyl Inground Pool.
- Vinyl Pools have a cost advantage.
- Fiberglass Pools are known for low maintenance
- Gunite Pool is the strongest of the three choices, and also the longest lasting.
3. Have a clear sense of purpose.
Ask yourself why you’re installing a swimming pool. Do you want to exercise more? Are there small children in your family who love to swim and you want to create more family time? Want to increase the value of your home? Are you a naturalist and want a Salt Water Pool instead of a chlorinated pool? Whatever the reason, knowing your purpose will help us make it the dream pool you have been wanting.
4. Decide what kind of pool shape you want.
Once you have established how you will be using your swimming pool, it will be easier to decide the shape. Rectangular designs provide a timeless, classic look and are great for swimming laps and playing pool games. If you prefer a natural looking pool, then a kidney or free-form shaped inground pool can blend with the landscaping and be a great choice for you.
5. Focus on the details.
Pick Recreational Add-On(s), Water Features and Underwater Illumination to complete your dream swimming pool design. 2015 Swimming Pool Trends include but are not limited to Custom Entry’s, In-Water Benches and Table, Tanning Ledge, Grotto and Swim Up Bar, Diving Board, Water Slide, Splash Pad, Exquisite Waterfalls, Bubbling Fountains and massaging jets.
Do you want to add a spa to the pool design? Not sure if it is in your budget? Be sure to ask the professionals at Aqua Fun, our team of experienced designers can help you come up with the best plan for your dream pool!
6. Keep safety in mind.
Do you want a pool alarm? If you have small children around you may want to consider it. Child-proof locks on gates, and security alarms on windows to the backyard are also considerations. Safety Covers will add that extra barrier of protection you may want. Aqua Fun is all about safety first and with that added security you can have peace of mind knowing your family is safe around the pool.
7. Plan your pool party!
Be sure to check out our Poolside Treats board on Pinterest for an awesome menu to celebrate your new pool.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about your new pool construction, then be sure to share this article. Get a jump on financing your dream pool here.
Aqua Fun Inc. offers 7 Ways To Prepare For Your New Pool Construction So You Can Swim By Summer, call (770) 419-7119.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc
Aqua Fun is always staying up on the popular swimming pool design trends and 2015 is looking better than ever!
There is an upswing in new pool construction and contemporary pool design & remodel. With that comes beautiful, functional new ideas to share. Many of the same designs that were hot in 2014 are also going to be hot in 2015. There are a couple of newer trends making their march to greatness and possibly into your new inground swimming pool design we will share as well. It’s all about personal style and more choices when making the plans to turn your own backyard into an island oasis. Our team of professionals can help you do it all.
2015 Swimming Pool Design Trends
Exercise Pools and Hot Spa’s
Take care of those muscles in a smaller pool design with a built-in spa. Also called lap pools, strengthen your body with a new inground swimming pool made for exercising, then relax your muscles and mind in your built-in spa. There are different types of exercise pools. A true exercise pool has a resistance jet at one end of the pool that generates a current much like a small wave. The resistance jet allows you to swim in place without actually going from end to end of the pool. Then there is a lap pool with a long and narrow design. An exercise pool or lap pool has become more popular in recent years and the outlook keeps exercise pools trending as a top contender. Certainly as more and more homeowners find themselves in a home without extra room in their backyard space or pocket-book, small exercise pools are perfect for these kinds of challenges.
Natural pools and Salt Water Pools
We wrote a blog about Salt Water pools and suggest reading that for more in-depth discussion on what we think about Salt Water pools. We’ll be writing more about Natural pools in future blog posts however the best way to describe a Natural Inground Swimming Pool is to take a more natural focus when designing the look and feel of the pool. We join the pool design into the natural terrain of the landscape. Sure we can take the Natural Pool to whole new level beyond what we have described here, however, for clarity, we prefer designing the pool in a natural looking state with Salt Water.
Geometric Shapes and Water Features Overflow
Geometric pools are making a come back and that is partly because of the new features a builder can add. Things like incorporating the lighting with water and using the extra space for custom pool built-ins like sloping entries, seating, waterfalls, swim-up bars and sun-tanning ledges. The elegant visual display of overflow water cascading over the ledges, waterfalls, or water fountains and underwater illumination can bring your backyard retreat to a whole new magical realm. Rectangular, square, round, oval, octagonal and L-shaped pools were in great demand in 2014. The geometric inground pool shape generally fits traditional backyard spaces better than many of the more complicated designs and continues to be a popular trend in 2015.
Beauty and durability are the strong points of this popular trend. Whether you are building a new inground swimming pool or are looking to re-model your current inground pool, alternative finishes are great choices to modernize and glamorize your pool! Aggregate Finishes with Pebble Tec and Pebble Sheen have been steadily moving up in popularity and are a big part of Aqua Fun’s pool designs. Glass tiles are becoming more desirable than ceramic and porcelain tiles, partially because they are durable and are resistant to powerful chemicals used to keep the pool clean and maintained. Glass tiles come in various sizes, shapes and colors, used inside or around the pool / spa leaving a shimmer glow reflecting the water in the pool or on edges.
We will be writing an entire blogpost about digitizing your inground swimming pool. These days you can command your outdoor environment with your iPhone or Smartphone. Use your phone to control lights, pool & spa temperature, pumps, water features, pool cleaners including security cameras and landscape irrigation.
Stay tuned for articles about these latest trends. Let Aqua Fun Inc. be your pool design specialist with Popular Swimming Pool Design Trends in 2015. Give us a call and schedule a free consultation – (770) 419-7119.
Rachel & Andrew Cook
The month of May is National Water Safety Month
Aqua Fun keeps your family safe!
Although you should always use these safety tips, the month of May is designated to focus heavily on water safety. Here are a few tips that will help keep your backyard pool an oasis of relaxation and fun.
- Never leave a child unattended near water in a pool, tub, bucket or ocean. There is no substitute for adult supervision.
- Designate a “Water Watcher” to maintain constant watch over children in the pool during gatherings.
- The home should be isolated from the pool with a fence at least 60” tall, with a self-closing, self-latching gate. The gate should open away from the pool, and should never be propped open.
- Doors and windows should be alarmed to alert adults when opened. Doors should be self-closing and self-latching.
- Power-operated pool safety covers are the most convenient and efficient. Solar/floating pool covers are not safety devices.
- Keep a phone at poolside so that you never have to leave the pool to answer the phone, and can call for help if needed.
- Learn CPR and rescue breathing.
- Keep a life-saving ring, shepherd’s hook and CPR instructions mounted at poolside.
- Do not use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision.
- Never leave water in buckets or wading pools.
- If a child is missing, always check the pool first. Seconds count.
- Remove toys from in and around the pool when not in use.
- Don’t use floating chlorine dispensers that look like toys.
- Instruct babysitters about potential pool hazards, and emphasize the need for constant supervision.
- Responsibilities of pool ownership include ensuring children in the home learn to swim, and that adults know CPR.
- Do not consider children “drownproof” because they’ve had swimming lessons.
This information was provided by the National Drowning Prevention Alliance
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Chlorine or Salt Water swimming pool?
It’s your choice
We say it’s your choice because there are arguments supporting both viewpoints. If you are fine with your current chlorinated pool and don’t feel the need to make a change, then don’t. It’s true that a salt water generator is a little more money in the beginning, but you save money with the salt generator over time. Unless you have health or “green” reasons to change, may be you will be compelled to leave things status quo. These are all personal preferences or necessities only you can decide. Aqua Fun helps you decide by offering a little more background on salt water pools.
Reasons to consider a salt water generator:
First of all, you would not use regular table salt in your salt water pool. According to the Salt Institute, it’s best on your system to use only high purity solar or evaporated salt that has been specifically designed for salt water pools. Many of the lower-cost, generic salts sold for pool use contain a host of contaminants that can affect water clarity and cause staining, scale, and overall water balance issues.
Salt Water Swimming Pools:
- save you money over time because the cost of salt is far less than chlorine and you use less salt than chlorine
- save you time because you will be spending less time maintaining your pool and more time swimming in it
- saves your clothing and hair from bleaching out
more good stuff…
- no green hair
- no red eyes
- no burning skin
Salt has healing characteristics such as:
- All Natural Stress Relief – salt water reduces inflamed joints and muscles, leaving your body feeling relaxed and stress-free. Salt water has the mineral bromide which helps in relieving muscle pains and soreness.
- Beautiful Skin – salt water will leave your skin feeling smooth and supple as it increases moisture retention. It will rejuvenate the skin by detoxifying it and promotes cellular regeneration. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and when it feels renewed, your whole body automatically feels revitalized and healthy, according to EHow.com.
- No Allergies – Asthma sufferers don’t react negatively in salt water pools like they do to the heavy packaged chlorinated water.
TIDBIT: Over 80% of all pools in Australia are salt water and that’s where salt water pools began in the 1960’s. It took longer to become viable in the U.S., but by the year 2007, salt water pools accounted for nearly three-quarters of new pool installations, up from about 15 percent in 2002. There are about 1.3 million salt water pools in the U.S. today. (Sources: P.K. Data; Pool & Spa News 3/30/08)
Celebrity’s Jessica Alba and Courtney Cox talked about their salt water pools in separate interviews which lends to the realization that this once trend would finally reach the masses. These two celebrity interviews show the concern many people have with the environment and their family’s personal health. If either of those issues are important to you then it seems natural to use salt over harsh packaged chemicals.
What are some of the con’s of salt water pools before you make the change?
- Initially it will cost more to upgrade or build a salt water pool but long-term (and that is what a swimming pool offers, long-term benefits) the salt water pool saves you money, time and energy.
- Salt is corrosive, especially if total Alkalinity and pH are not balanced correctly and maintained properly.
- Salt pools generate chlorine for sanitation, so the pool is not chlorine chemical free.
Salt pools get their chlorine residual by means of “chlorine generators” (electrolysis devices) that use electricity to produce chlorine from salt (sodium chloride) dissolved in the pool water. Chlorine in the water—whether added this way or by EPA-registered pool sanitizer–destroys many common waterborne pathogens within seconds, helping to keep swimming healthy. Without pool water sanitizers, swimmers are vulnerable to contracting diarrhea, swimmer’s ear and skin infections. (Water Quality and Health Council)
Maintenance is still a necessary task for pool owners, but it just got easier!
HealthyPools.org is offering a set of free strips that will measure your pools PH level. Just click the link to get your Free Test Strips and see where you stand in the region you live: http://www.healthypools.org/freeteststrips/
If you would like to convert your current chlorine based swimming pool to a salt water pool, Aqua Fun Inc. is your salt water pool specialist in North Georgia. Are you planning a new swimming pool build? Let Aqua Fun Inc. consult you and show you the best options for your new swimming pool. Call today to schedule your no obligation consultation (770) 419-7119 or schedule your appointment online here.
Follow us on facebook for more Aqua Fun news and specials.