School will be out and kids are coming home from college soon. Time to get ready for swimming pool season!
The weather here in Georgia has been all over the charts and doesn’t give the feeling its almost Summer. Don’t be fooled though, it’s time to plan the fun for your own backyard swimming pool. If you need to build one, call Aqua Fun. If your pool needs a facelift, call Aqua Fun – (770) 419-7119.
Step one if want to make sure you’re “pool ready” is to either call and schedule the “pool opening” date if you already have a pool. Or get Aqua Fun pool builders and designers out to give you a quote today. The pool will be built just in time for Summer fun! Get a no obligation consultation and let us help you plan your backyard dream!
If you’re wanting to throw parties, think about getting some interesting and fun games/floats to keep things fun! Also, its a good time to finally get that outdoor furniture you’ve been longing for. It’s the year of the pool!!!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest board with photos of trendy outdoor pool furniture, lighting, art and landscaping ideas.
Want to see more gorgeous inground swimming pools built by Aqua Fun? Check out their Gallery of dream pools here.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about getting ready for Pool Season, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Spring Is Around Corner, Time To Open Pool & Tips For Happy Pool Chemistry
The one thing people may forget to think about when getting a pool, is the chemistry of the pool. Our team at Aqua Fun is always here to help you maintain your pools chemistry, but we also want to help you Open Your Pool This Spring with the correct chemical balancing. In case you are into DYI Pool Opening, we’d like to offer a basic template for successfully Opening Your Swimming Pool. Not saying you have to be a Chemist but here are the basic chemicals that go in a pool and what the levels should be.
Free Chlorine – 2.0 to 4.0 ppm
pH – 7.2 to 7.6
Calcium Hardness – 200 to 400 ppm
Cyanuric Acid – 30 to 50 ppm
Total Alkalinity – 80 to 120 ppm
Above are the best ranges of chemicals for the perfect pool! There are some instances where you may need or want to go out of those levels. You want to make sure your pool is balanced for the perfect swimming environment. Maintaining the quality of your pool is very crucial for functionality and comfort. These extra steps to check your pool environment is worth it for a healthy stable balance to keep out bad bacteria and fight against algae. Remember, pH is always unstable and pH is thrown off anything that enters the water, but it is the most important to maintain, so there is a formula you’ll want to follow.
Alkalinity works with pH to fight to keep a stable balance in the pool. The Calcium Hardness is mostly just to keep the pool safe from the outside in, keeping all the plaster intact for longevity of the pool.
Whether you have a chlorine or salt water gunite pool, fiberglass pool or vinyl pool, you’ll want to make sure when you open your pool this season the chemicals are balanced and ready for the first swim of the season. It is our speciality to Open Your Pool so please don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule your pool opening today! Schedule your Aqua Fun Pool Pool Opening Consultation here.
Aqua Fun Wants You To Vacation In Your Own Backyard, Let The Summer Swimming Begin!
Memorial Day weekend marks the official beginning of Summer and the end of the school year for most. It’s time to start planning your summer pool parties and create lasting memories.
When you get a pool design and build from Aqua Fun, be sure to request a quote for livable space in your own backyard. Add a cabana, decking, outdoor kitchen or fireplace and don’t forget Aqua Fun can help you enhance the space with smart and beautiful landscaping / hardscaping. Aqua Fun works hand in hand with top builders and contractors to give you the total package.
We hope your Memorial Day was full of family memories hanging out by the pool while honoring our fallen heroes. Make your next vacation a “Staycation” in your own fabulous backyard. Check out some inspiration and ideas on our Pinterest boards:
Whether you want to upgrade your swimming pool area or if you want to build a new pool and spa, our team of specialists want to help. Schedule your no obligation consultation or contact us for your swimming pool maintenance and repair.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to to know more about Summer Swimming Begins, Vacation In Your Own Backyard, Call Aqua Fun Inc. Swimming Pool and Spa, then be sure to share this article and schedule your consultation here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
If you have questions or comments about Summer Swimming Begins | Vacation In Your Own Backyard | Aqua Fun Inc. Swimming Pool and Spa, leave comments below: [contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’QUESTION ABOUT: Summer Swimming Begins | Vacation In Your Own Backyard’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Best Inground Pool Size & Shape
Tips from Aqua Fun Swimming Pools & Spa’s
How do you know if you are choosing the right pool for your budget, needs and yard?
Ask yourself these questions:
- What is the purpose of getting a pool?
- What is your budget?
- How much space do you have to build a pool?
Purpose for swimming pool?
Are you adding a pool to your backyard for the purpose of daily exercise? Or are you planning to entertain a large family and/or group of friends? Do you enjoy playing classic pool games with your family? If the purpose is exercise then a lap pool may work, those tend to be rectangular in size. You can opt for a sports pool which is great size and shape for an afternoon Volleyball game and tend to be shallow on each end and deeper in middle and can extend past a rectangle shape looking more like an “L”.
On the other hand if you are building your new dream inground pool mainly for entertainment purposes you may want a free-form or kidney shaped pool with a spill-over spa and tanning ledges. The choice is yours and together with our experienced designers and builders, you will have the pool of your dreams!
How much pool can you afford?
Depending on your budget, you have choices. The first place to start is looking at the price difference between a vinyl pool, fiberglass pool or gunite pool. With any of the three choices, there are always pool maintenance costs associated with it so you want to equate that into your choices as well. For example, Vinyl Pools do require vinyl pool liner replacements over time, and the fun thing about replacing the vinyl liner is that you can give your pool a make-over.
If you want to make your neighbors jealous, think about going with a gunite pool upgrading to a Pebble-Tec finish. Just like with anything, details matter and the details can increase the cost. For example, adding glass pool tiles may cost more than just adding standard pool tiles, but the reward is magical! Imagine these glass tiles glistening in the sun and reflecting off the water.
How is your Backyard Space?
Do you have a small space with a sloping backyard? If you do then that will affect the layout of your pool. There are creative ways to maximize even the smallest yard. If your backyard is a wide open space you have more choices in size and shape and our team at Aqua Fun work with preferred quality construction builder partners who can work in conjunction with us to make any backyard more functional and as beautiful as you want. With larger backyards you can add backyard kitchens and fireplaces to compliment the pool decking and theme.
Here are some different pool shape and size choices to consider:
Geometric Shapes – circles, ovals, rectangles, square
Free form, Kidney, Figure 8, Lazy L, Greek & Roman shaped pools
Exercise – lap pool, sport pool
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to to know more about Tips For Picking Best Inground Pool Size And Shape, then be sure to share this article and schedule your consultation here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
If you have questions or comments about Tips For Picking Best Inground Pool Size And Shape, leave comments below:
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’QUESTION: Tips For Picking Best Inground Pool Size And Shape’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Pets And Pools, Is It Safe For Our Pet & Inground Pool?
Our team at Aqua Fun pools know that it’s difficult to keep the dog out of the inground swimming pool. After all, our pets think they are human, and part of the family. If we are swimming, they are swimming. Kudos to those of you who have managed to train your canine furry friend not to jump in the pool.
We’re sure you’ve wondered if swimming in the pool was safe for your pooch? And was it safe for the pools mechanics? Those are both great questions and we will certainly offer some facts which may help the next time Fido does a belly flop into the pool.
Is it bad for the animal?
Generally speaking, it’s not bad for humans and it’s not bad for dogs either. Salt water pools are usually less chemically toxic for humans and animals but there are still safety concerns with salt water pools which chlorine pools do not have, of which we will discuss. According to Bridgemill Pets of Canton,” the largest risk with a pool for any animal is drowning of course as they can panic too, especially if they do not know how to get out of the pool. However, the AKC has an article stating the amount of chlorine in pools is no more harmful to pets as it is to humans“. According to Bridgemill Pets some other things to watch out for includes excess water indigestion, “in fact drinking from the pool should definitely be discouraged especially if it’s a salt water pool. Also drinking from the pool can irritate your dogs eyes and nose sensitivities; cause ear infections, especially from floppy eared dogs and can dry out the skin.”
Be sure to rinse pets off with the hose after a day of swimming.
Is it rough on the pool and it’s mechanics?
It can add more stress on the mechanics for sure but there are preventive measures you can take to lessen the stress on your pool mechanics. If hair gets clogged in the filters or baskets, it could be a big problem so be proactive and check the filters and baskets for hair build up which could clog the system.
Take delight in these Pets in the Pool pics we have on our Pinterest Board:
If you like those funny animal pics, be sure to follow us on Pinterest!
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who are concerned about Pet’s in the Pool, then be sure to share this article and schedule your consultation here. Did you read our last blog about The Best Christmas Present is A New Pool? Check it out here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc
Call today! (770) 419-7119
If you have any questions or comments about Pets And Pools or If It Safe For Our Pet And Inground Swimming Pool, leave it below:[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’I have questions about Pets in the Pool’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Welcome Fall in North Georgia!
Time To Winterize Your Inground Pool And Prepare It For Next Swimming Season
You may have already closed your pool for the Winter, or perhaps you’ve been trying to squeeze in every last swim you can? This September has been warmer than normal so we hope you get to enjoy the pleasant extension. Either way, it’s time to start thinking about getting your pool ready for Winter. If you are closing it up rather than turning on the heaters, this blog post is for you.
Purpose of Winterizing Your Pool
The purpose of Winterizing your pool is to keep it safe, maintained in good shape and prepare it for an easy opening again in the Spring. The better you take care of your pool, the longer you will be able to enjoy it’s many benefits.
Part of Winterizing your Inground Swimming Pool is deciding to add a Safety Cover. You have choices. Mesh covers come in different colors and are the most economical choice because it costs less and lasts longer than many of the other choices out there. There are differences in the mesh covers, solid safety covers and this is something our specialists can inform you about and help you decide. What’s good for one person may not be good for another so let’s decide together.
Benefits of Winterization
The four main benefits of properly Closing Your Pool For The Winter are:
- Keeps the pool clean – imagine being able to take off the Winter Safety Cover in the Spring, covering a few basic instructions and then dive in within a day or two of re-opening it? Sound appealing to you? Good, then simply follow the steps below or call us to schedule your pool closing today (770) 419-7119.
- Keeps the pool maintained – you want to make certain the chemicals are balanced to prevent fungal growth; that the cover is tight and secure so there are no accidents nor uninvited guests or debris fall in the pool; to impede excessive evaporation which can create hidden dangers for your pools lifespan. Keeping your pool properly maintained is very important for your own personal joy, pocket book as well as keeping ready for resale if and when you decide to sell your home. TIP! Every Fall and Spring you need to schedule on your calendar certain pool maintenance rituals that will keep your pool healthy and young. Check out the list below.
- Keeps your family members, guests and animals safe while you are not using your pool this Winter – it’s easier for mistakes to happen when your pool is left open. There will likely be holiday parties scheduled and family visits over the Fall and Winter seasons. Keep everyone safe from harm and keep the stray animals out of the pool this Winter. It’s easier to forget about the backyard pool when the backyard is not being utilized as much, so using this “Pool Closing” time as a precautionary measure is always a smart plan.
- Keeps your liability down – it’s always a better idea to be safe than sorry. If your backyard oasis is used year-round because of the outdoor kitchen or outdoor fireplace you built then you want that added peace-of-mind knowing whoever and whatever is enjoying your backyard beauty is also safe from accidentally falling in the pool, hence keeping your liability down.
How To Winterize your inground swimming pool
- Balance the pool’s chemicals
- Lower the water level and drain those pipes
- Clean, clean, clean
- Remove pool accessories
- Put a lid on it
Don’t want to do it yourself? Schedule your Pool Closing here!
Did you get a chance to check out our latest blogpost? All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who needs to close their pool and Winterize it, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
For More Information About: Winterize Pool | Time To Close Down The Pool And Prepare It For Next Swimming Season | Aqua Fun Inc. please fill out this quick form:[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’I would like more information about Closing Winterizing my Pool’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Why Choose Aqua Fun For New Pool & Spa Construction, Pool Maintenance, Redesign and Pool Liner Replacement?
Here Are Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun in Canton, GA. Should Be Your Inground Pool & Spa Builder and Designer
So, you are thinking about your backyard swimming pool and spa. Do you want to build your dream pool, have it upgraded or need some repair? There are quite a few choices out there, but Aqua Fun Inc. in Canton, GA. wants to stand out from it’s competitors and here is how they do it:
- Family Owned – Family Owned Businesses are the backbone of our country. Aqua Fun Inc. is a “family owned” premier pool design, construction and service company owned and operated by husband and wife team, Andrew and Rachel Cook. Andrew has the pool construction background and Rachel brings her knowledge and experience from corporate America. The combination of their experience means that you will get the best of both worlds. Family owned means their reputation is on the line and Aqua Fun prides themselves on being part of the local community.
- Over 28 Years Experience – Andrew Cook has 28+ years experience in the pool construction and design industry. Andrew started out in the pool industry in 1987 as a Regional Sales Representative for Kafko. Check out Kafko’s Recommendation for Andy Cook.
- Quality Construction – Aqua Fun is a family owned, award winning pool & spa construction company with over 28 years experience. See the kind of work Aqua Fun produces and read reviews from their happy customers. Aqua Fun only uses the highest quality materials and up-to-date technology to build the best possible backyard oasis for your family.
- Affordable – Quality does not always equal more expensive. Aqua Fun prides themselves on quality construction & service at a competitive price. Aqua Fun has partnerships with these Pool Financing sources and encourages you to get pre-qualified.
- Choices – Aqua Fun offers choices in swimming pool finishes – Vinyl, Gunite and Fiberglass – as well as different shapes to fit your lifestyle and yard size. Looking for a natural looking and performing swimming pool? Aqua Fun loves Salt Water Pools and natural looking recreational add-on’s, decorative vinyl liners and landscaping ideas. Want a luxurious look? Underwater Illumination can make all the difference.
The team at Aqua Fun wants to encourage local Metro Atlanta consumers who are ready to take the plunge to consider them as their #1 Swimming Pool and Spa choice. Did you read 7 Ways To Prepare Your New Pool Construction article? It’s a good checklist. Aqua Fun goes above and beyond to get your business and keep it!
Aqua Fun offers Five Good Reasons Why Aqua Fun Should Be Your Choice For New Pool Construction & Redesign, Pool Maintenance and Pool Liner Replacement. For your complimentary consultation please contact Aqua Fun at (770) 419-7119.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.