Give your pool a face-lift
Vinyl Liner Replacement, quickest way to renew your in-ground pool
This has been an unusually harsh Winter in Georgia, especially in the North Georgia area. Now it’s time to reward yourself with the best possible spring and summer. How can you do this? Give your swimming pool a fresh look , read more below.
Call to schedule your Vinyl Liner Replacement (770) 419-7119
Modernize – a new pool liner makes the water color look refreshing and tropical blue. If your pool liner is fading because of the harsh chemicals or UV rays, a new vinyl liner is just what you need to brighten things up!
Coordinate– by matching your liner pattern with the color of your step or spa.
A Vinyl Liner Replacement with Aqua Fun, Inc consist of:
- Replace face plates, gaskets, and screws for skimmers, main drains, and wall returns.
- One Hour of Touch up on Bottom prior to Installing New Liner.
- Remove and Haul away old liner.
- Clean Fixtures.
See for yourself – Watch our quick video on Vinyl Liner Replacement and pool clean up
We want to be your choice for all your inground swimming pool needs. Call Aqua Fun Inc. for your Vinyl Liner Replacement today (770) 419-7119 or contact us here – click to contact us .
The 2014 Snow Storm in Atlanta not a good day for swimming
We found some intriguing online swimming pool photos of the January 28th 2014 snow storm that you may enjoy. This historical snow storm left Atlanta paralyzed but as you can see it was not all bad. We must have a member of the Polar Bear Club in Atlanta,poised and ready to take the frigid plunge…look closer though…this pool has a winter cover.
Did you have time to prepare your pool for the snow and freezing temperatures? For the most part, this storm was not expected. Did you officially Winterize your pool or did you wing it this winter? We would like to know, feel free to leave us a comment below.
Inground Swimming pool covered or uncovered for winter?
Did you ever get the chance to lower the water level and drain those pipes?
If not, were you at least able to run the pump over night so it would not freeze?
Our professional team at Aqua Fun Inc. is here to help if your pool was affected by the storm.
If you did not cover your pool this winter then you may want to consider balancing the pool’s chemicals, definitely clean out the pool of any debris and keep an eye on the pump and mechanics of the pool.
Andrew and Rachel Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Add a spa to your inground pool design
Are you already an inground swimming pool owner? Still looking for that perfect Valentine’s Day gift?
- Increase the value of your home
- Increase your health
- Increase the fun in your life
Mark Twain said this after visiting a hot tub in Baden-Baden, Germany:
“After 10 minutes you forget the time. After 20 minutes you forget the world.“
Physical and Emotional Benefits of built-in hot Spa
- stress relief
- better sleep
- joint pain
- blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- chronic pain
- back pain
- cardiovascular improvements – Soaking in a spa simulates exercise. It increases the heart rate, yet it doesn’t increase blood pressure. In fact, study participants who relaxed in spas had a decrease in blood pressure, while participants who exercised on bicycles experienced in increase in blood pressure. The regular use of spas and hot tubs gives you some of the same health benefits of exercise but with less heart stress – * Mayo Clinic: Mayo Clinic Ok’s Spas for Heart Patients
Not a fad!
According to wikipedia*, the healing benefits of hydrotherapy have been known to many of the world’s great cultures, with a history that dates back thousands of years. Egyptians bathed in heated waters treated with flowers and herbs, while the Greeks believed that water therapy was essential to optimal health. In India, hydrotherapy was essential to well-being, with treatments that included inhaling steam to optimize the respiratory system.
Photo Courtesy of Hornung, on Flickr
Hopefully we proved why you ought to have an inground swimming pool with a built-in spa. Our last blog post about 6 more weeks of winter explains more about why NOW is a perfect time to schedule your free consultation- check it out here. You can build a brand new pool and spa or simply reconstruct your current design to add a spa. We are your
Either way Aqua Fun Inc.’s professional team of experienced, licensed & insured pool builders and designers will be happy to meet with you to discuss your inground spa options. Give us a call! (770) 419-7119
Andrew and Rachel Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
* http://www.prlog.org/10311491-the-surprising-health-benefits-of-hot-tubs.html * Cardiovascular responses to immersion in a hot tub in comparison with exercise in male subjects with coronary artery disease. Allison TG, Miller TD, Squires RW, Gau GT. Mayo Clin Proc. 1993 Jan;68(1):19-25. PMID: 8417250 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrotherapy
Good news for North Georgia neighbors who want to build, repair or replace their inground pools!
Take advantage of the down time. In general, the most popular time of the year for us here at Aqua Fun is in the spring and summer months. So we suggest that you, our North Georgia neighbors, plan ahead. Want to swim by April? Request your free quote here. Here are some suggestions that could aid the process of building your new pool and spa. We want to make it as easy as possible for you:
- Get Pre-Qualified for financing – click here
- If you dream it, research a few things and have an idea before the scheduled appointment.
- Here are things to consider:
- Gunite or Fiberglass?
- Shape – kidney, small, classic rectangle, lap, free form, geometric?
- Spa – read more
- Not sure if you want an Above Ground pool or an Inground Pool? read more
Need Inground Pool Repair, Replacement and/or Renovation to your pool cover, liner, or deck?
Here are a few points to consider when you are deciding on a smaller repair or a full out reconstruction.
- storm damage repair
- natural wear and tear
- Addition of water features such as a waterfall, bubblers, scuppers
- Conversion to salt water system – read more
- Addition of tanning ledges or swim-up bar features
- Liner replacement and interior resurfacing – read more
Andrew and Rachel Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.
Phone: (770) 419-7119
Ground Hog Photo Courtesy of Blogger Heather Sanders
Get your dream inground pool built!
Most people think building a swimming pool is best during the Spring season, however our busiest time of the year is during that time frame. We build quality inground pools year round. Why wait for Spring? Don’t you want to swim in your new dream pool when the weather turns warmer instead of watching the new pool construction? Be like Clark Griswold and surprise the family with a dream pool this holiday season!
Call us today for your Free Estimate – (770) 419-7119
Aqua Fun Safety Pool Cover Specialists
It’s that time of the year again. Time to get your pool ready for Winter and that means covering your pool. Aqua Fun wants to make your family safer, that’s why use only the strongest mesh and solid Safety Pool Covers. Prevent any chance of your family or pets accidentally getting past an unsafe cover. We are pool safety experts!
Safety is the #1 concern
but when you don’t want your pool looking like this:
Choose one of our strong Safety Covers
Our Safety covers are designed to keep out:
- standing water
- leaves, branches and the odor that comes along with it
- insects and mosquitoes
Not only that, but you won’t have to worry about handling those awkward water bags and tarps. Besides, who wants to drain and clean that?
When you call Aqua Fun to install or replace your Safety Cover, you can rest assured that there will be less work when you are ready to open your pool again. Why?
Safety Covers help to:
- keep the sunlight out reducing algae spread
- keep debris out of pool
- lessen the chemicals needed for maintenance
Call us for a free quote (770) 419-7119 or schedule your appointment here. Still want to know more?
You have options.
Choose the best color to match your backyard oasis. We offer several color choices.
Do you have an oval, kidney or custom shaped swimming pool?
No problem. Even if your pool design includes raised walls, stairs, rails, diving board or water features we can create a custom cover to make any pool beautiful but most of all safe!
Keep having fun all Winter! Don’t worry about your child or family pet accidentally falling in the pool with proper installation. Your children and pets are kept safe and protected so you can rest your mind.
Did we mention a warranty? Depending on which cover you choose, we have you covered!
Let us professionally install your Safety Cover to make sure proper installation. Call us for a free quote (770) 419-7119 or schedule your appointment here.
Chlorine or Salt Water swimming pool?
It’s your choice
We say it’s your choice because there are arguments supporting both viewpoints. If you are fine with your current chlorinated pool and don’t feel the need to make a change, then don’t. It’s true that a salt water generator is a little more money in the beginning, but you save money with the salt generator over time. Unless you have health or “green” reasons to change, may be you will be compelled to leave things status quo. These are all personal preferences or necessities only you can decide. Aqua Fun helps you decide by offering a little more background on salt water pools.
Reasons to consider a salt water generator:
First of all, you would not use regular table salt in your salt water pool. According to the Salt Institute, it’s best on your system to use only high purity solar or evaporated salt that has been specifically designed for salt water pools. Many of the lower-cost, generic salts sold for pool use contain a host of contaminants that can affect water clarity and cause staining, scale, and overall water balance issues.
Salt Water Swimming Pools:
- save you money over time because the cost of salt is far less than chlorine and you use less salt than chlorine
- save you time because you will be spending less time maintaining your pool and more time swimming in it
- saves your clothing and hair from bleaching out
more good stuff…
- no green hair
- no red eyes
- no burning skin
Salt has healing characteristics such as:
- All Natural Stress Relief – salt water reduces inflamed joints and muscles, leaving your body feeling relaxed and stress-free. Salt water has the mineral bromide which helps in relieving muscle pains and soreness.
- Beautiful Skin – salt water will leave your skin feeling smooth and supple as it increases moisture retention. It will rejuvenate the skin by detoxifying it and promotes cellular regeneration. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and when it feels renewed, your whole body automatically feels revitalized and healthy, according to EHow.com.
- No Allergies – Asthma sufferers don’t react negatively in salt water pools like they do to the heavy packaged chlorinated water.
TIDBIT: Over 80% of all pools in Australia are salt water and that’s where salt water pools began in the 1960’s. It took longer to become viable in the U.S., but by the year 2007, salt water pools accounted for nearly three-quarters of new pool installations, up from about 15 percent in 2002. There are about 1.3 million salt water pools in the U.S. today. (Sources: P.K. Data; Pool & Spa News 3/30/08)
Celebrity’s Jessica Alba and Courtney Cox talked about their salt water pools in separate interviews which lends to the realization that this once trend would finally reach the masses. These two celebrity interviews show the concern many people have with the environment and their family’s personal health. If either of those issues are important to you then it seems natural to use salt over harsh packaged chemicals.
What are some of the con’s of salt water pools before you make the change?
- Initially it will cost more to upgrade or build a salt water pool but long-term (and that is what a swimming pool offers, long-term benefits) the salt water pool saves you money, time and energy.
- Salt is corrosive, especially if total Alkalinity and pH are not balanced correctly and maintained properly.
- Salt pools generate chlorine for sanitation, so the pool is not chlorine chemical free.
Salt pools get their chlorine residual by means of “chlorine generators” (electrolysis devices) that use electricity to produce chlorine from salt (sodium chloride) dissolved in the pool water. Chlorine in the water—whether added this way or by EPA-registered pool sanitizer–destroys many common waterborne pathogens within seconds, helping to keep swimming healthy. Without pool water sanitizers, swimmers are vulnerable to contracting diarrhea, swimmer’s ear and skin infections. (Water Quality and Health Council)
Maintenance is still a necessary task for pool owners, but it just got easier!
HealthyPools.org is offering a set of free strips that will measure your pools PH level. Just click the link to get your Free Test Strips and see where you stand in the region you live: http://www.healthypools.org/freeteststrips/
If you would like to convert your current chlorine based swimming pool to a salt water pool, Aqua Fun Inc. is your salt water pool specialist in North Georgia. Are you planning a new swimming pool build? Let Aqua Fun Inc. consult you and show you the best options for your new swimming pool. Call today to schedule your no obligation consultation (770) 419-7119 or schedule your appointment online here.
Follow us on facebook for more Aqua Fun news and specials.
When is too soon to open your pool?
Every season is different but a good general rule of thumb is if the temperature outside is consistently 70 degrees during daylight hours, the pool should be opened. Think of it as preventative maintenance if you will:
1. If you have a cover- Get ahead of the algae problem since warmer temperatures breed algae in a swimming pool, get the air flowing.
2. Being pro-active saves you headache- The extra chemicals and cleaning required with a late-opening will cost you extra money, time, stress and frustration. Grab that special time with your family and friends ahead of schedule, it’s worth it.
We know how busy you are and we’d like to make it as easy as possible for you to get ahead of the game. Call and schedule your appointment right now. Schedule your appointment here.
We look forward to servicing your pool opening needs. We also offer liner replacements so be sure and let us know all your needs.
Andrew and Rachel Cook – Aqua Fun Owners
Did you like this article? Please share it.