Do you want a built in spa or cascading waterfall? Gunite pools are the best for this.The main advantage of a gunite pool is that it is the strongest of the three choices, and also the longest lasting.
However, there are more:
- Gunite pools can be built to any size, shape, or depth
- Creative additions
- Large selection of decorative and long lasting finishes can be added to Gunite pools, such as Pebble Tec
- Flexibility in building
- Longest warranties
Disadvantage: There are only a few disadvantages to Gunite pool construction. The primary disadvantages are that sometimes it entails a longer construction schedule, and are usually more expensive to build.
Low maintenance: The fiberglass pool shell is nonporous which inhibits the growth of algae and reduces the amount of sanitizing chemicals required to maintain the pool.
- Many shapes and sizes
- Beautiful interior finish options
- Fast installation time
- Good warranties
- Easy to clean
Disadvantage: more expensive than a vinyl swimming pool, and they don’t have the longevity/durability of a gunite pool.
By far, the biggest advantage of a vinyl pool installation is the cost.
- Least expensive option.
- Soft interior finish.
- Customizable shape and size: There are no limitations of the length, width, and depth of Vinyl Liner Pools.
- Repairs for vinyl pools can be very affordable as well.
Disadvantage: Infinity edges and beach entry are not available with a vinyl pool installation.