Aqua Fun Shares Top 5 Pool Trends for 2018
The forecast is good for a bustling economy this year and our team at Aqua Fun is already feeling the benefits. Many home owners have been reaching out about building an inground swimming pool in their backyard oasis. Our designer keeps hearing the same type of question from our new customers, “How can I make our new pool stand out?”. We’ve decided to offer a few pool trends we see coming in 2018, some are new trends and some are past trends that have carried over from recent previous years.
#1 – Pops of Color
When an interior designer transforms a house, they use pops of color to change the feeling, and tone of the space. Like you would use pops of color in home decor to set the mood, you would do the same for the interior of your pool. Darker colors are trending in 2018, it gives an illusion to a deeper, darker pool which exudes a relaxing spa vibe.
#2 – Unique Tiles
Whether you choose a darker vibe or a light clean interior, you want to make your pool unique to you yet stand out from any other pool. Choose an accent tile that is funky, or something out of the ordinary that could be an expression of your style or a conversation piece.
#3 – Depth
Now this is something that everyone needs to think about when designing a pool. Are you looking for something more for exercise and diving? Or are you interested in something for lounging and playing games? It’s something to think about. It’s difficult to play volleyball in the pool that has a different depth making it a perfect even playing field for many water games. So keep that in mind when you are thinking about how you get the best use out of your pool! Peoples tastes and ideas change, and this year we anticipate the depth of a pool being more of a factor.
#4 – Saltwater
To use saltwater or not to use salt water. That is the question. This is not the newest of trends with pools, but people are asking for saltwater pools more frequently. One factor to consider is how you will maintain your new saltwater pool, Aqua Fun is happy to help you maintain your saltwater pool or empower you to maintain your own saltwater pool. This trend looks like it’s not going anywhere as we move into a more organic less chemical state of mind.
#5 – Decor
Last but not least, going back to the first trend which is pops of colors. As an interior designer would decorate the inside of your house, you should also be reminded of the difference it can make on the exterior. Pops of color and tile aren’t the only things that can make your space unique but lighting, furniture, shrubbery, outdoor kitchen, rug or pillows can completely change the ambiance and feel of your perfect customized space. Be sure to check out our Pinterest board with photos of trendy outdoor pool furniture, lighting, art and landscaping ideas.
All of us here at Aqua Fun Inc would like to thank you for reading our blog! If you know anyone who would like to know more about Top 5 Pool Trends in 2018, then be sure to share this article or simply call Aqua Fun Inc. today – (770) 419-7119 or schedule time to talk here.
Rachel and Andrew Cook
Atlanta’s Top Pool Builders offer Summer Pool Safety Tips
June is National Safety Awareness Month
There is nothing better than a fun family and friend pool party at your house. Although it can be a lot of fun and create many lifetime memories, we want them all to be good memories. We don’t want to be negative but one must always plan for the worst. What would you do if someone hurt themselves at your pool? Before anything like that ever happens, please take extra care to prevent accidents from happening in the first place. Since the month of June is National Safety Awareness Month, there is no better time than to lay out a good safety plan for your outdoor inground swimming pool.
Here are a few basic things Aqua Fun suggests you should do to prepare your family and guests:
- Post rules so everyone can see them
- Go over rules with children and young adults before they start swimming
- No running, dunking, pushing or rough housing
- Don’t dive into shallow end
- Always swim with a buddy
- Keep approved safety devices such as life preservers, pool noodles, rope, life hook and boogie boards easily accessible
- Remain focused on small child at all times
- Add 4 sided fencing around pool with child safe self latching and self closing gate
- Add pool alarm once party moves indoors you’ll want to stay vigilant
- Identify any new swimmers, best is that all swimmers are experienced
- Keep charged cell phone handy at all times
- Wear sunscreen, don’t get sun poisoning
- Evacuate pool in rain or coming storm
- Grown ups should not drink alcohol and swim nor be in charge of children at the pool
A lot of it is common sense and you’d be surprised how easily tragedy can strike so always be vigilant!
According to the CDC, did you know:
- Children: Children ages 1 to 4 have the highest drowning rates. In 2014, among children 1 to 4 years old who died from an unintentional injury, one-third died from drowning.1,2 Among children ages 1 to 4, most drownings occur in home swimming pools.2 Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects).1 Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.1
We appreciate your interest in our pool blog.
Andrew and Rachel Cook
Owners of Aqua Fun Inc.