Guard Your Inground Swimming Pool Against Bad Weather
What can you do to prepare your swimming pool for an impending bad storm?
You’ve most likely heard of people who decide to throw their lawn furniture inside the in-ground swimming pool to keep it from flying around during high winds. Don’t do this, The furniture could tear the vinyl pool liner, damage the pool tile or chip the fiberglass or cement. Our suggestion is to bring inside anything that can not be tied down. Here are a few more tips when preparing your unground pool for a storm:
- Take off the pool cover!
- Turn off the electric at the circuit breaker and shut down the gas line.
- Cover the motors for the pumps if possible.
- If your pool was built by Aqua Fun Pools then rest assured knowing there is proper overflow drainage, but if another pool builder did not allow for proper drainage then you can take 1 foot of water out of the pool. Do not drain it as it could literally pop out of the ground under certain circumstances. Prevent this from occurring and do not drain your pool.
- Tree limbs hanging? Get them trimmed up before Hurricane season.
- Treat your pool to algaecide before the storm and shock it after the storm.
Once the storm is over it’s time to turn the pump back on, start skimming out debris and “shock” the water.
We want to thank you for checking out Aqua Fun’s